Control Systems and Tractive Effort
The ZTR Control Systems and Tractive Effort solutions are designed to improve the performance, reliability and availability of existing locomotive fleets at a fraction of the cost of buying new locomotives. Whether you need to pull more with less or improve the performance of your existing fleet, we have specifically designed systems with diagnostics and remote connectivity, so you can enhance your fleet’s efficiency and manage your fleet, from anywhere.
- Increase traction and enhance performance
- Reduce emissions
- Extend fleet life 15-20 years
- Improve reliability, availability and maintainability
- Replace older parts with solid-state electronics
- Replace old replay logic or modules with proven microprocessor technology
- Easy to read, on-board diagnostic displays with health information and GPS location tracking
- Advanced diagnostics, reporting and remote communication
Delivering significant tractive effort improvements, adhesion control and reliability through advanced wheel slip control.
Improving locomotive adhesion, performance, diagnostics, and overall efficiency with this advanced, proven and reliable control system.
ZTR has also designed custom control systems solutions for many types of applications including GE locomotives, ALCO, electric locomotives and multi-engine genset locomotives.
At ZTR we understand the need for cost effective and flexible locomotive modernization options and we provide many alternatives depending on your needs.
- Over 500 systems installed globally
- Installations with many of the North American Class 1 railways
- Options and a design approach that ensure your system meets your needs
- Integrated with SmartStart® IIe, the most trusted AESS on the market
- Advanced solutions include tractive effort analysis, installation and commissioning, training, and 24/7 technical support