Why choose Locomotive Battery System Saver?
When a locomotive is shut down manually, non-essential circuits can drain the locomotive batteries and result in dead batteries or reduced battery life. With the Locomotive Battery Saver™ System, a contactor simulating the main battery disconnect switch will open automatically after a preset time delay. At any time after these loads have been shed, they can easily be reinstated by pressing a backlit reset button or restarting the locomotive. The Locomotive Battery Saver System is compact in size and easily mounted in the electrical cabinet.
- Disconnects non-essential circuits during a manual shut down
- Extends battery life and reduces dead battery occurrences
- Compact size and easily mounts in the electrical cabinet
- Rugged design with a backlit reset button
- Open configuration options
- We are known for our exceptional integration capabilities.